Knoxville Wedding Photographers
Daniel + Martha Howell. Who are we?

We're a husband and wife team who loves to photograph the emotions of weddings, make friends with our clients, and have fun working.

We could live at Starbucks, although Daniel prefers black coffee and Martha likes "girly" drinks like Frappuccinos. We both love listening to the musical genius that is Harry Connick Jr. Our favorite vacation spot is the Big Easy - every time we leave, we know what it means to miss New Orleans. We call Sweetwater home and are happy to be here; it reminds us of where we grew up. Our little family consists of us and two adorable dogs.

Enjoy our blog and checking out our newest work and learning about us in the meantime!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just a thought...

I don't normally post on this blog without putting images along with the post (since this is Daniel Howell PHOTOGRAPHY) but I'm feeling a bit out of character today.


Martha and I just finished up two weddings this weekend. As I was looking over the few thousand pictures we took, something occurred to me. There were a lot of moments that we captured that I don't remember capturing. There were pictures that told aspects of the story of the day that I didn't even realize that I (or Martha) took. There are a couple observations I want to make from this.


(1) A good photographer reacts. There were so many pictures that I looked at that I don't know how I consciously thought to capture the image. I can only describe it as an instantaneous reaction to what was happening. I can't recall raising the camera to my face, or even thinking about the composition of the picture. I just did it. I was in the moment, and somehow understood the moment, but I was far enough back to capture it.


(2) I took the pictures on these days. I was there for every minute. I should have a vivid recollection of what happened, right? As I go back and look through them, though, even I remember things that I didn't realize I had forgotten (in just three days). I start to get a complete picture of the day and the emotions that I observed come streaming back, and I didn't even realize they were gone. How much more true this is for the bride and groom. They will probably remember even less of the day. They may be blinded by being too close to the situations presented (especially since they lived them).


The above two reasons point to why a good, competent, and observant photographer is worth so much on your wedding day. I don't know how many people will read this, but it's a thought to keep in mind if you are looking for a photographer for your wedding. day.

2 comments:

Anonymous May 6, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

I'm excited about seeing the pictures! I keep checking the website every couple of hours even though I know they won't be ready for awhile.

I know they will look wonderful. :)

Thank you for being our great photographer for our wedding!

Daniel Howell May 7, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

Thanks Marie!

I'm on my way to 'Nawlins now, but I'll get them done ASAP next week when I get back.

I think you'll like them... a lot...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP