Knoxville Wedding Photographers
Daniel + Martha Howell. Who are we?

We're a husband and wife team who loves to photograph the emotions of weddings, make friends with our clients, and have fun working.

We could live at Starbucks, although Daniel prefers black coffee and Martha likes "girly" drinks like Frappuccinos. We both love listening to the musical genius that is Harry Connick Jr. Our favorite vacation spot is the Big Easy - every time we leave, we know what it means to miss New Orleans. We call Sweetwater home and are happy to be here; it reminds us of where we grew up. Our little family consists of us and two adorable dogs.

Enjoy our blog and checking out our newest work and learning about us in the meantime!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

*Note - These photos were obviously not taken by us (as we were not alive!). Also, they haven't been retouched - they're presented here as scanned in...Just thought I'd preface...

This first photo is of my grandmother and grandfather on their wedding day. It's the only photo they ever had of the day they said "I Do" - sometimes we forget how important one single photo can be; not just for one person's life - but for their children and their children's children.

They wed in Florida before my grandfather was to be deployed (in WWII). One day my grandmotehr was recalling that day - and what she remembered the best was her brand new alligator pumps. SHOES! :) I love it.


edit1

A portrait of my grandmother....

Scan0030_030

Her basketball team (in 1935 as it says on the photo)...

edit5


Another portrait (perhaps taken when she was working at Oak Ridge?)...

edit8


I hope you enjoyed these and remember to never forget the value of a photo!

5 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

These are the reason I am so passionate about Photography! I love looking at my families photo's from so long ago, it makes me feel connected!! Thanks for sharing!

rowena February 11, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Love these! And the coloring back then, funny how we mimic these with actions. Trip down memory lane, what a neat idea!

rowena February 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Love these! And the coloring back then, funny how we mimic these with actions. Trip down memory lane, what a neat idea!

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

These are awesome! I hope someday, someone looks at my images like this!

Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Wow, those are great photos. I just scanned some of my grandparents photos to put online. It is amazing how one photo can mean so much.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP